Product line: wireless question category: function config
This document applies to F303, FH303, FH304, FH305 and N301.
1. Both routers should support WDS function;
2. The LAN IP addresses of the two routers should be two different IP within the same IP segment (192.168.0.1), for example, R1: 192.168.0.1, R2: 192.168.0.10;
3. The DHCP Server of R1 should be enabled, while the R2’s DHCP Server should be disabled;
4. The wireless settings of both routers should be exactly the same, including SSID, channel, security mode, algorithms and password.
The Topology is as below:
Steps are as following:
R1’s LAN IP: 192.168.0.1
R1’s SSID: Tenda_999
R1’s channel: channel 11
R1’s security mode: WPA-PSK
R1’s security key: 12345678
1. Connect PC1 to R1 by a cable, open browser of PC1. Input 192.168.0.1 in address bar and press enter.
2. Input login password as admin, click OK to login, then click Advanced.
3. Click Wireless——Wireless Basic Setting，change SSID as you want, change channel as channel 11, and then click OK to save all the settings.
4. Click on wireless security, and choose WPA-PSK as the security mode and AES as the WPA Algorithms, and set a security key for R1, and then click OK to save all the settings.
1. Open a web browser in PC2 which connected to R2, and in the address bar please type in 192.168.0.1, and then click Enter, then you will be in the management page of R2.
2. Click Wireless and then choose Wireless Extender, choose WDS Bridge and click Open Scan.
3. Find and select the SSID of R1 to add its MAC Address, choose WPA-PSK as security mode and input R1’s security key. then click OK to save the settings.
Note: Now R2’s SSID, security key and security mode have already changed to R1’s SSID, security key and security mode.
4. Click on Advanced, then click on LAN Settings to change the LAN IP to 192.168.0.10, click OK to save the setting.
5. Go to DHCP Server to disable DHCP Server, then click OK to save the setting.
1. Click Wireless and Wireless Extender, choose WDS Bridge, click Open Scan, find and select the SSID of R1 to add its MAC Address, choose WPA-PSK as security mode and input R2’s security key. then click OK to save the settings.
Now all the settings are done.
Please check on PC2 which is connected to R2, if it can ping R1’s LAN IP address, it means the WDS has been setup successfully.
1. Click Start ->RUN;
2. Enter cmd and click OK.
3. Enter "ping R1’s gateway IP address”. Here in this example, enter "ping 192.168.0.1" and press Enter. If you see a similar screen (highlighted area), the bridge is established successfully.